Old January 20th 07, 07:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default No online information during storms

alex_t wrote:
TFL Realtime travel news page
(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/?mode=tube&time=now) was working at
18:00 with up-to-date information for Tube and DLR. They replaced usual
graphics with text-only page, but it worked.

I was a bit disappointed by the info on the FCC website on Friday,
which had lots of individual bulletins but no simple summary saying
what was happening *right now*. Having to read 4 or 5 service updates
and line updates is rather conffusing at the best of times. It wasn't
helped by a service bulletin that hadn't been removed from earlier in
the week!

Colleagues at work were looking at their respective TOC sites and most
had gone for the single page, plain text, pages to help cope with
demand. Even the Journey Check had simplified itself for some of the
day on Thursday. Overall, I think everything was done incredibly well
on Thursday, given the circumstances, but Friday was a bit more of a
mess as the 'clean up' took place.

Jonathan