Old January 20th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default No online information during storms

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
:Jerry: wrote:

Look moron, if the severity of the storm had been known of in
advance
(I don't think God works for any TOC...) they would have made
provision...

Actually the severity of the storm was fairly accurately predicted
as early as last Sunday, when the BBC1 "Countryfile" long-range
forecast for the week was predicting severe gale force winds for
late Wednesday night into the Thursday morning rush hour (actually
the arrival was a few hours delayed) with structural damage and
severe disruption to transport on Thursday morning.

Err, no they got it wrong, 'severe gale force winds' is not the same
as 'severe storm force winds' which is what we got - only on the night
before was there any mention of 'severe storm force winds' (bordering
on hurricane force).