Old January 20th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default No online information during storms

:Jerry: wrote:

Err, no they got it wrong, 'severe gale force winds' is not the same
as 'severe storm force winds' which is what we got - only on the night
before was there any mention of 'severe storm force winds' (bordering
on hurricane force).

Did you see the "Countryfile" forecast? Do you know that they got it wrong?
Perhaps I got it wrong? Unlike yourself, I'm not perfect enough to remember
the *exact* wording from a week ago. They did (whatever term they used)
forecast structural damage and severe disruption to transport last Sunday -
which *IS* what we got.