Old January 20th 07, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No online information during storms

In article . com,
(Boltar) wrote:

:Jerry: wrote:

Look moron, if the severity of the storm had been known of in
advance (I don't think God works for any TOC...) they would have made
provision...

Aside from the fact that the severity was known in advance (Hint:
its called a Weather Forecast - look it up in the dictionary) , wtf has

the storm got to do with whether a website can cope with a spike in the
number of hits? Did you think the webserver took one look out the
window and thought "bugger this , I'm not serving any pages till
this blows over"??

That's what the live departures bit of the NRES site seemed to have done.
Either that or it was blown over at about 4.

--
Colin Rosenstiel