Old January 20th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

"Jonathan Morris" wrote:

There's a lot of money to be made by being strict (as long as they
don't ONLY go after the easy pickings) and if FCC recently managed to
make a four figure sum by staying at a station until the last train
left, it does make me wonder why they aren't doing it more often.
Perhaps they will - and other TOCs will follow.

Heathrow Connect seem to have an efficient gripper on every train. I presume
the PFs/surcharges collected cover the cost of the staff concerned. If this
is correct, one wonders why other TOCs don't follow the same model.

I suppose (amongst other difficulties) the pool of people willing to work,
reliably, as RPIs is limited. It must be a pretty thankless job.

Chris