Old January 21st 07, 08:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Matthews Paul Matthews is offline

Default No online information during storms

"Neil Spellings" wrote in message
.. .
I'd like to congratulate National Rail, Transport for London, Southern
Trains and the BBC for all failing to provide any kind of up-to-date
travel information on station closures during the storms on Thursday.

SNIP

Neil

Web hosting, dedicated servers, Exchange & SharePoint
www.purleyhosting.com

For me, the highlight of the day was when I looked on the Southeastern
website to see if there was any information I could relay to my misses who
was stuck on one of their trains - it read

"The Southeastern website is currently down due to the volume of demand"

(I looked up the definition of irony in the dictionary afterwards)

Seems little point in having these systems that work when nobody needs them
but then they completely fail when they are needed.