Old January 21st 07, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Why not? I've done it several times in the couple of years the same way that
you describe.

"Bill Harris" wrote in message
ups.com...

As an aside to this thread. Is it no lomger possible to upgrade to
First legitimately?

In the 1960s I travelled a lot using a rail warrant (Second Class in
those days) and I regularly upgraded to First - if I had time I would
do it at the ticket office or if the train was busy I would sit in
first and pay the excess fare - definately only the difference between
first and second fares. I was in the Merchant Navy and the extra
luggage allowance was significant, we had to be prepaered to be away
for up to a year and able to survive from Arctic cold to Tropical heat.

Bill Harris