Old January 21st 07, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

In message , at 09:50:13 on
Sun, 21 Jan 2007, Matt Wheeler remarked:
When you say "full" do you mean that all standard class areas have
fully occupied seats and no standing room, or the more usual, no
desirable seats available (occupied by people/bags) and the rear
carriage is half empty as it means a long walk at the destination to
leave the station

An issue along similar lines: what about vestibules. I've often noticed
people getting on a MML Meridian, and finding themselves in the
vestibule between two First Class coaches (perhaps the Meridians aren't
marked very well).

They seem reluctant to walk through the train and therefore stand in the
vestibule. Is this allowed? (I have an idea that standing in a FC
*corridor* isn't allowed, but I'm no so sure about vestibules). The
grippers don't seem to challenge them (although as far as I can see they
rarely challenge anyone northbound between Leicester and Nottingham).