Old January 21st 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

In message , at 13:49:30 on Sun,
21 Jan 2007, martyn dawe remarked:
The problem when asking them to move is answering the inevitable
question "so where are my bags supposed to go"? There never seems to
be a Meridian Train Designer handy when you need to refer people to them!

Seats should not be occupied by bags,

I know that, and you know that (and so do most of the people posting
here).

I have frequently found my reserved seat to be occupied by a bag
belonging to The woman in the next seat, They get asked to remove IT.

And what if "it" is three or four carrier bags, a handbag and a
rucksack? The people who are struggling with loads like this are not
often in the best of moods, and seem to want to know where else they are
expected to put all their luggage.

I am not particularly interested in spending the next two hours wedged
next to someone whose nose has been put out of joint by decisions made
long ago by a Meridian Designer, but blames me.