Old October 16th 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Todays metro, Graffiti artest wanted

CJC wrote:

I too prefer seeing grafitti to adverstising on the tube, I don't like
the window scratches though, or on good architecture. I think some of
it looks alright, and TOX seems to know about the tube at least,
he/she tags where signals are and at window height for maximum
exposure. TOX could make a better effort in his/her work though. I
actually think some of the stuff done on a couple of district line
trains is good, better than the lack of paint on it. LU should invite
a few famous grafitti artists to do up a few trains on the District,
be a good publicity stunt.

That is utter rubbish IMO. TOX just paints his tag on any unused surface
that he can reach. Many of his efforts have vandalised brick walls that
have stood in their quiet dignified way for over a century. The unpainted
District line trains would look a lot better if they didn't have to be
subjected to harmful cleaning agents to remove the grafitti. And please
don't try to elevate these vandals to the status of "artists". It's
criminal damage pure and simple.

Would you like your home defaced in this way?
--
Richard J.