Old January 21st 07, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North Weald

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message

From your comments I dont think I can ever see the line going past Epping
again. Would other people agree?

Pretty much. Leaving aside ownership of the line, power supply issues, the
stock used and so forth, a key problem is that it's so far out and remote
that it would be reliant on a lot of Park and Go travellers, or those
brought in by buses. And you'd need very skewed fares and/or car parking
rates to make it economical for passengers to use North Weald and Ongar
rather than Epping or other stations.

Do you think there is a danger of Epping closing?