Old January 22nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
peter peter is offline

Default 7day travel card on Oyster for overseas visitors

I will be staying in London for 11 days later on in the year

I will be arriving Eurostar (Waterloo). Can anyone advise me how long it
takes to purchase a 7day travel card on Oyster (I assume you have to go to
the underground booking office, or can a machine issue one)? Also what
paperwork is required, and is it easy later, to add PAYG to the card (can
you just "topup" a card even thought it hasn't previously been used for
PAYG)

It is possible to purchase PAYG oystercards in Sydney but not Travel cards
on Oyster (the TFL website for visitors will sell 7day travel cards but I
think they are issued as paper travel cards, and no amount of emailing will
get a response)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Peter

Sydney