Old January 23rd 07, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

"Mizter T" typed

As a counter-point to that it means that those on the bus are not left
dawdling around. It's purely subjective but my memory of bus journeys
of old was that they weren't as snappy as nowadays. Yes, this has a
number of downsides, but I quite like the sense of urgency that now
seems to pervade bus operations in London, because ultimately I want to
get from A to B.

This is no fun for standing passengers, especially if old or infirm.

If changes of bus are involved then it may well be that there are
several routes serving a particular corridor that a passenger could
use. Also, of course, there are often more buses on each route
nowadays, and I think a frequent service on bus routes where big gaps
between buses are avoided as much as possible really does inspire
confidence in the bus network. There's nothing worse than waiting at a
stop for ages. I'd suggest factoring in these considerations when
weighing up such matters.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.