Old January 23rd 07, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

Paul Corfield wrote:

I am also somewhat intrigued by your comments about there being only one
performance indicator for London Bus performance and that that it
relates to arrivals at the end of the routes. How did you come to that
understanding?

TfL publishes where it does it timing checks for each route and on my
local route the checks are most certainly not done at the extreme ends
of the route. Arriva's inspectors are not located at the end of the
route either.

There is an explanation of the bus performance statistics and how they
are compiled on the TfL website.

I've wrongly used the word "end", and you've picked up on it. That
wasn't the emphasis I meant.

My point was that the arrival of an empty bus at any kind of checkpoint
isn't as important to me as whether or not I am actually able to make
my journey so that my body gets to where it is going on time.

To improve the "bus-getting-somewhere" statistics by cutting routes
short of popular destinations to avoid traffic, cutting routes even
shorter due to bendy buses potentially making the statistics worse and,
particularly, by not stopping at bus stops, TfL is harming my own
statistics for my body reaching its checkpoints when I travel by bus.