Old January 24th 07, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

Sorry for being so indistinct. Probably didn't make a lot of sense there.
:-))I can tell you why the Met and Jubilee no longer wait at Wembley Park,

the system of lights does not work, so the Met don't know that the
Jubillee train is there and vice versa, the system still works at
Finchley Road though.

Last time I made that interchange (Jubilee to Met Southbound) the
Jubilee line train sat for a while just before the station, obviously
held there purposely to make us miss the interchange, then the
Metropolitan Line train closed its doors the moment we started to
cross, and we had to wait about 5 minutes for the next one.

Also this is a voluntary system, if we're running late we don't have too
wait.

I can understand at peak times if there are trains every minute or so.
Otherwise it does nothing but infuriate passengers (who may next time
choose to take their cars).