Old January 24th 07, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Oyster for single day UK visitors?

In message , Albert
writes

If two of us are coming into London from Sussex to go to the RA in
Piccadilly, what is the best ticket option for getting the 38 from
Victoria and back?

Is it worth bothering with Oyster or best to just pay the full
non-Oyster fare?

Probably best to get Oyster (you can't pay cash on the 38) but another
alternative is to buy a set of six Bus Saver tickets for £6 - you will
only need four, but the other two can be used on a later visit or given
to friends.

You should be able to purchase saver tickets from the TfL information
office at Victoria (opposite platform 8) or from any TfL ticket stop or
Oyster ticket stop - of which there are several around the station (e.g.
Photo Reels in the arcade).

I purchased a stock of these a few years back when they were only 65p -
so they have actually worked out cheaper than Oyster for me (sadly I'm
on the last set now!).
--
Paul Terry