Old January 24th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

On Jan 23, 10:36 pm, "Richard J." wrote:

... the timetable in ruins! It always amazes me that there seems, on
the manually driven lines at any rate, to be little or no automated
assistance to the driver to keep to the timetable.

Is it really necessary to stick strictly to the timetable if you're
running a service as frequent as every 2 minutes? Surely you'd just
feed the trains "into" the system at roughly the right frequency from
each end, and keep them moving as quickly as possible. I'd agree,
though, that if the service is really that frequent holding connections
is probably counter-productive.

Neil