Old January 24th 07, 03:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

On 24 Jan, 16:07, "www.waspies.net" wrote:
Last time I made that interchange (Jubilee to Met Southbound) the
Jubilee line train sat for a while just before the station, obviously
held there purposely to make us miss the interchange,Or the driver didn't want to have a SPAD, get sacked and cause a walkout!

No it's the signalling idiots, and giving priority to the train in the
siding, that has nobody on it, instead of the one coming from
Kingsbury, which does.

then the Metropolitan Line train closed its doors the moment we started to
cross, and we had to wait about 5 minutes for the next one.If the driver didn't know you were there, or if he's running late whats

he to do, sit for as long as you want him to wait and hold up trains
behind, there's always a line to be drawn the doors have to close and
the train depart it will always annoy someone.

There obviously weren't any trains behind.

).Take the car, pay the congestion charge, the fuel tax, road tax,

maintenance etc etc etc, and have no where to park, it's your/their choice.

On this occasion I had actually taken the car to the garage or just
picked it up from the garage, I can't remember which. On the occasion I
picked it up from the garage I had to find a place to park it for a
station that would be convenient to travel in. Now do I pick the
closest convenient one available (in this case Queensbury) or one where
I won't have to make a change at Wembley Park (probably Preston Road,
but further to drive, thus more time in my car).