Old October 16th 03, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Lawrence Myers Lawrence Myers is offline

Default New White City Development

What CJC means is the right hand side running at White City. This AFAIK is
the only above ground location on LU where this happens. It all arose
historically at the time of the westward extension from Shepherds Bush

Lawrence Myers

Pre-38 wrote:
"CJC"
I want them to get rid of the reverse running at White City, one of
the most baffling five minutes in my life trying to fathom that. OK
maybe I'm mad but I was very confused!

What's so baffling about it. Train comes in middle road, right? u get
off right ?if u stay on the doors may close in a while then open
t'other side, if u don't get off then, simple- u get taken back to
where u came from, so thats ur look out. Train comes in Westbound
platform, nobody will get taken up the siding because they are all
tipped out. These people that sit there dumbfounded because they
ain't a damn clue where train's destination they got on in the first
place is goin' to, then start moaning they're lost! I have no
sympathy. Sorry. well Im not even sorry really if I tell the truth.
Same thing at Golders Green and many other points on the system I
believe.