Old January 24th 07, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
stevo stevo is offline

Default Northern Line trains terminating at Euston (southbound Bank branch)

Ernst S Blofeld wrote:
wrote:
Just taken a trip from Euston to London Bridge, and at Euston two
trains were showing on the indicator as terminating at Euston (with a
through train to Morden in between them). I've never seen this before;
I didn't know trains could terminate at Euston. Where would they
reverse?

Welcome to the Northern Line. Trains terminate at Euston quite
frequently when there are problems. I believe the Euston Loop comes into
play but someone will be along shortly to give the full details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euston_tube_station

ESB

Euston is also a good place to hold the train to regulate the service,
i.e. hold as many pasengers up as possible as euston is where the sb
trains are the most full.

It's all about lights on screens not getting the most people there the
quickest.