Old January 25th 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default W/E Tube Closure and route planning

Kev wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:02 am, "Richard J."
wrote:
Raymond Kirk wrote:
I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

I normally take pic line to ears court. Then district or circle to
victoria and victoria line to Brixton.

Now the interchange at Green Park is very very long, between pic
and vic lines.
Anyone know of a better way/ quicker way?The Picc-Vic interchange
at Green Park is long, but I doubt if it takes

more time than making two changes, both involving steps and
escalators.

I've never timed it but I think that taking the escalator up to the
ticket hall level at Green Park, then the other escalator down to
the Victoria line platforms is supposed to be quicker, especially
if you're at the rear of the Picc train.

Couldn't you change at Baron's Court. You will know if you have just
overtaken a District line train for Victoria.

It's an easy change there (cross-platform), but doesn't necessarily
result in a faster journey. The District trains quite often get held up
approaching Earl's Court or in the platform at Earl's Court or at the
junction before Gloucester Road. If you're willing to try the District
line route, the best place to change is South Kensington, as there are
twice as many District/Circle trains there compared to Barons Court, and
you'll miss out one stop (West Kensington) and the District delays
around Earl's Court.
--
Richard J.