Old January 25th 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default Northern Line trains terminating at Euston (southbound Bank branch)

wrote:
I have never seen a loop on a Quail map at Euston.

"Ernst S Blofeld" wrote in message

Welcome to the Northern Line. Trains terminate at Euston quite frequently
when there are problems. I believe the Euston Loop comes into play but
someone will be along shortly to give the full details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euston_tube_station

ESB

It's not a loop as such... IIRC, terminating trains tip out at Euston,
cross over to the other line, and then onto the bit of track which links
the Northern with the Piccadilly Line. Driver changes ends (clear of
Northbound trains) and returns into service at Euston NB when a suitable
gap arises.

There aren't actually any services booked in the working timetable to
make this move (except perhaps for the odd rusty rail movement I haven't
spotted) but it does happen frequently to regulate the service.

Cheers

Steve M