Old October 17th 03, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Lawrence Myers Lawrence Myers is offline

Default New White City Development

"Reverse Running" means trains keeping to the right, rather than to the left
of each other as is standard in UK.
From Caxton Curve, through White City, and to a point approx half way to
East Acton trains run on the right hand track, not the left.

Lawrence Myers

Pre-38 wrote:
"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
What CJC means is the right hand side running at White City. This
AFAIK is the only above ground location on LU where this happens. It
all arose historically at the time of the westward extension from
Shepherds Bush

Lawrence Myers

Hold on a mo here Lawrence? What the heck has the switch at Caxton
curve after leaving 'the Bush' Central Line to right hand side
running got to do with CJC getting baffled at White City? Thats the
bit I don't understand. There are many locations on the underground
where at one station on a particular side the doors open and the at
the next station they open on the other, if that is all it is.

He was also typically referring to reversing at White City.

I think we need CJC to clarify just what was so disorientating for
him.