Old January 26th 07, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave A Dave A is offline

Default Opposition to the West London Tram steps up

James Farrar wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:53:20 -0000, "Tim Roll-Pickering"
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

Most if not all of the three councils were won on a platform that includes
opposing the tram - this is a case of politicians fulfilling their
promises!
Treasure it while it lasts, it'll be a long time till the next one!
:-)

Hammersmith & Fulham Conservatives also pledged to cut Council Tax - and
they did.

And we'll see how that affects their funding from central Government
next time round...

It does help the council tax situation when central government gives a
more generous grant to the council than usual.

Personally, I find it irritating that I get sent a glossy
self-promotional magazine from the Conservative council every month when
the Conservative assembly members are the first to jump on the Mayor for
doing exactly the same thing...

--
Dave Arquati