Old October 17th 03, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ed Crowley Ed Crowley is offline

Default Todays metro, Graffiti artest wanted

"CJC" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

In article ,
(Rob) wrote:

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/press...8.asp#graffiti

Wonder if they have pictures of TOX??

So they were lucky enough to have the person caught on a unit where the
saloon CCTV equipment was actually working. All they need to do now is

get
the dud 30-40% saloon CCTVs working to perhaps catch somebody elsee at

it.

Roger

I too prefer seeing grafitti to adverstising on the tube, I don't like
the window scratches though, or on good architecture. I think some of
it looks alright, and TOX seems to know about the tube at least,
he/she tags where signals are and at window height for maximum
exposure. TOX could make a better effort in his/her work though.

His/her *work*?! This kind of behaviour is not clever or a form of art -
it's criminal damage that costs taxpayers hundreds of millions of pounds a
year in the UK. It also heightens peoples fear of crime, as these tags are
essentially gangs "marking their territory".

I am resigned to there being a problem on the network,

That's the spirit!

I don't think
there is much anyone can do to stop the stuff going up, a lot of them
cant be prosecuted as they're too young and it is the fault of LU,
letting people get in their property esp. near depots (which seems to
be a speciality of TOX)

It's not the fault of LU. They seem to invest a lot of money in fences,
CCTV and razor wire along the tracks and depots. Is it *your* fault if
someone breaks into your house because you didn't have bars on your windows?