Old January 27th 07, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Matt Wheeler Matt Wheeler is offline

Default City Thameslink gateline

"Sky Rider" wrote in message
Recently I've noticed that a mixture of automatic and manual ticket
gates are being installed at City Thameslink. What I'd like to know
is:
1 - why the gates at the Holborn Viaduct end are installed in a
position such that one of the ticket office windows is subsequently
located in the 'paid-area' of the station (once the gateline goes
live), and;

It is usual, these days, to have a ticket office window on the "wrong"
side of the barriers... it allows people who don't have tickets for
the journey they've just made to buy one so they can leave the
station.