Old January 29th 07, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Using Oyster on Valid NR Services

On 28 Jan 2007 14:22:39 -0800, wrote:

What happens if you travel from Chorleywood to Richmond via Marylebone
- off-peak Chorleywood to Richmond on Oyster PAYG is £2 as I imagine
the fare has been set to reflect changing at Harrow-on-the-Hill /
Rayners Lane / Acton Town / Turnham Green

Yes, according to the TfL Fare Finder (assuming by off-peak you mean
before 7am or after 7pm on weekdays or all weekend).

but you could conceivably
expect to travel via Zone 1, either Marylebone / Piccadilly Circus /
Hammersmith or using the Metropolitan to Finchley Road / Westminster.

If you avoid touching anywhere en route (e.g. taking the latter
route), you'll still be charged £2, and AFAICS doing so is perfectly
legal and valid.

If you touch in at Marylebone en route, is an adjustment made to
reduce the fare into London, i.e. you would still pay £2 or do you end
up paying £3 or £5 in total?

I don't think we're going to know the answer to this until someone
actually tries it. If you do, could you please report back to the
group?