Old January 29th 07, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
AstraVanMan AstraVanMan is offline

Default Islington to Gatwick, early morning.

"David F" wrote:
Think I'd prefer to either go for the driving option, or find a cheapo
hotel near the airport and travel the night before.Jeez, why? It's only
50min from Kings Cross to Gatwick by Thameslink.

The sheer quantity of bags my lovely wife will bring.

I take it from you mentioning that the large amount of bags is going to be
on the return leg that she's abroad already and you'll be returning with
her, or something similar?

In which case, then surely Thameslink from either Farringdon, King's Cross
or London Bridge (depending on exactly where you are in Islington and the
nearest mainline/tube station to you), just going on foot, and then return
from London Bridge via taxi, would be far easier than the hassle and cost of
driving and parking at Gatwick.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."