Old January 29th 07, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Southeastern Railway staving off Oyster PAYG

In ,
Paul Speller typed:

Anyway, on hearing recently of the Mayor's offer of £20m to get Oyster
PAYG off the ground for National Rail operators, and specifically
when I heard that c2c were taking it up, I contacted SER (as I had
done during South Eastern's publicly owned period, to no avail) to
ask about their plans for Oyster PAYG, with specific reference to the
offer.

Southeastern have a little more to organise than c2c do before they can
start Oyster PAYG. They are implementing the zonal fares in the same
timeframe that other companies are. I would be surprised if they lag
behind other similar companies in implementing Oyster PAYG. It may be
that your communications have only been reaching people who do not have
the whole picture on the subject.

--
Bob