Old January 31st 07, 07:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Getting my quid back

On Jan 30, 1:16 am, "Tristán White"
wrote:

SO if I pay £1 to get on a bus where I am going to be buying a monthly
season ticket that would make that bus journey legal, how come I can't
claim that £1 back?

Here's a different idea - why not, with Oyster Pre-Pay, just drop the
idea of season tickets completely?

The replacement could be based on the Oyster cap and "charge
discounts" - i.e. if you put, say, gbp100 on your Oyster you get
gbp150 of credit, and if you put on gbp1000 you get gbp2000 of credit,
or whatever ratios would give a suitable replacement for weekly,
monthly and annual seasons, and perhaps an additional "12 month
contract direct debit" option.

Why not, TfL?

Neil