Old October 17th 03, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Above or Below Ground???

In message , Ben Nunn
writes

I've always wondered just who uses Hatton cross.

With the exception of staff working in the immediate area, anyone going to
the airport would surely use the two 'terminal' stations, and aside from an
under-occupied industrial estate there's not a lot in the area on the
non-airport side.

The only time in my life that I've used the station was as a pick-up point
on my world-record attempt, having just been around the Heathrow loop.

Some years ago I used to use Hatton Cross for parking when flying from
Heathrow for meetings in Manchester. The small car-park next to the
station always had plenty of room at 07:30 and it was either free or
very cheap to park there all day - certainly very, very much cheaper
than parking for a day at Heathrow itself, and more convenient than the
airport's long stay car-parks - just one stop on the tube.

Alas, I don't think that that has been possible for some years - I'm not
even sure the car park is still there.
--
Paul Terry