Old January 31st 07, 05:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave A Dave A is offline

Default Passenger satisfaction with TOCs

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , Dave A
writes
"the ease of being able to get on and off".

I wonder what this phrase meant specifically?

My mind did boggle a bit. If I were asked how easy it was to get on a
train, I'd think firstly of the gap (both horizontal and vertical)
between the train and the platform, and secondly of the number of people
crowded in the doorways - although the latter may not be relevant.

For example, a DLR train would be very easy to get on from the first
perspective (minimum possible gap) whereas the SWT train I got on this
morning at Wandsworth had a massive step up from the platform onto the
train.

--
Dave Arquati