Old January 31st 07, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave A Dave A is offline

Default Getting my quid back

Neil Williams wrote:
On Jan 30, 1:16 am, "Tristán White"
wrote:

SO if I pay £1 to get on a bus where I am going to be buying a monthly
season ticket that would make that bus journey legal, how come I can't
claim that £1 back?

Here's a different idea - why not, with Oyster Pre-Pay, just drop the
idea of season tickets completely?

The replacement could be based on the Oyster cap and "charge
discounts" - i.e. if you put, say, gbp100 on your Oyster you get
gbp150 of credit, and if you put on gbp1000 you get gbp2000 of credit,
or whatever ratios would give a suitable replacement for weekly,
monthly and annual seasons, and perhaps an additional "12 month
contract direct debit" option.

Why not, TfL?

Neil

Might be related to the number of journeys you can store on the card -
an "annual cap" would require an awful lot of journey information to be
stored somewhere. Even if it weren't on the card itself and the cap was
sorted out overnight via batch processing, imagine doing that for
Xmillion Oyster cards. However, I am not an expert. Season tickets may
be on their way out anyway - it's early days with Oyster, and all the
Oyster products to date have been rolled out in a way that is meant to
minimise confusion to users (and minimise the risk of things going
wrong), by introducing new features gradually over time.

--
Dave Arquati