Old February 1st 07, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
sweek sweek is offline

Default Different approach to smart card travel

All the OV chipcard stuff so far has been a big disaster. They're now
replacing the gates in Rotterdam for a SECOND time, and the system
isn't even working yet. The gates are incredibly slow, I wonder why
they don't just use the same type as in London or another system's
that's already proved itself.
Having to touch out in buses and trams seems like a lot of effort and
will probably lead to larger dwell times.
I was hoping this would give you the option to just get on a train,
switch to a metro, and only pay a combined fair for both of them. But
instead it still works with separate journeys for every type of
transport.

Oh well, I know I'm sounding very negative here, but the Dutch haven't
been able to deliver on transport projects (HSL-Zuid, Betuweroute
etc.) lately.