Old February 1st 07, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default London train companies say yes to Oyster!

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
Silverlink have already said they hope to accept Oyster by the autumn on
the Metro routes (before the London Rail concession begins):
http://www.silverlink-trains.com/tem...e.aspx?id=1209

This is simply bowing to the inevitable and I wouldn't be surprised if
special arrangements are in place here that means it costs Silverlink
nothing to implement or run. It's hugely to TfL's benefit that this
happens ASAP and if I was Silverlink I'd have made that point in
negotiations.

I think Silverlink management were being so agreeable because they
wanted to get the North London Line (or whatever it's called) TfL
franchise, so they were (perhaps still are) being very friendly towards
TfL ideas. It didn't work in the end, as I seem to recall they aren't on
the final shortlist.

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking