Old February 1st 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London train companies say yes to Oyster!

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:47:56PM +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

I do hope they don't imagine they're going to get gates at
the remaining 260 stations.

As a regular user of one of those stations, so do I. There's enough of
a crush getting out of Thornton Heath station in the evenings already
without slowing everyone down even more with a ticket gate. Thankfully,
nigh-on everyone uses a season ticket so won't have to crowd around the
single working reader (come on, you all *know* that will happen. We're
talking Southern here!) to "touch out".

And that, incidentally, is an excellent reason for keeping proper season
tickets and not just having annual caps like someone else suggested.

In this episode, R2 and Luke weld the doors shut on their X-Wing,
and Chewbacca discovers that his Ewok girlfriend is really just a
Womble with its nose chopped off.