Old February 2nd 07, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Person under train at Stratford

On Feb 1, 8:17 pm, "alex_t" wrote:
So some idiot jumped under a train at one of the 'one' platform at
Stratford station. Obviously the train was stopped, people removed,
etc, etc. But why did they shut down the entire station? Central line
was suspended (even though it could pass the station), DLR was
suspended, Jubilee, North London - everything... why increase the
trouble?

P.S. Not to mention 4 fireman brigades and several police cars that
arrived at the station. Wouldn't one of each be enough?

I haven't seen a news story, but do we know for sure that someone
jumped under a train? What if it was a suspected murder, with someone
possibly leaving evidence around the station as they escaped? I mean,
from someone being under a train, one could imagine any number of
scenarios.