Old February 2nd 07, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Different approach to smart card travel

alexterrell wrote:
On 1 Feb, 09:27, Colum Mylod wrote:

[...]
My regret is that NL stations will become closed with gated
access. I prefer the honour system (can't trust those
Amsterdammers but surely the rest are honest!).

All stations? That's quite a commitment. In the UK, gates need to
have human oversight for Heath and Safety rules. This doesn't seem
to be the case in Paris which obviously has a different set of
rules.

If you mean the Métro in Paris, they don't have ticket gates on the
exits, so there is no need to have a human presence to ensure that
people can get out of a station. But you may well be right about health
& safety rules being less stringent in France.
--
Richard J.