Old February 2nd 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Costs against counsel over parking ticket.

Walter Briscoe ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

In March last year, I was a passenger in my car when my better half
parked it in a tight space. I looked, thought it just reasonable, and
we went off.

When we returned, I found a code 26 parking ticket saying the vahicle
was more than 50 centimetres from the footpath.

This is the result of London only legislation

Good for London.

I used the edge of an A4 sheet of paper and a pencil to record the
distances of the nearside front and rear wheels from the footpath.
I later measured those distances as 47 and 53 centimetres.

And you thought 18" away from the kerb "looked reasonable"? Was the taxi
expensive?