Old February 3rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Different approach to smart card travel

"Neil Williams" wrote in news:1170545651.563447.164620
@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

SNIP
Compared with this, Uncle Ken's Tube tourist tax isn't half as bad, as
at least anyone can put in a bit of effort and get an Oyster card to
avoid it. (The trick I use to avoid it is to buy all the tickets I
think I'm going to need in one go from the machines at Schiphol,
because they do take credit cards and will issue undated tickets
including to/from other stations).

Last time I was in Schipol, my mate's Electron Visa wouldn't work in the
machines for the train travel tickets to Amsterdam, and I had to buy his
and mine on my Switch Maestro.