Old February 4th 07, 11:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No lighting on Westway

In article . com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

As a cyclist I'd have to agree with the broad thrust of your
argument. I'll make a detour next time I'm around there after dark and
see for myself - I'll be sure to wear my high vis though!

It's better now as they have rushed in a couple of lights and the one on
the corner of Marchmont St survived the cull. Luckily for me the week
before the two columns were set up was when I got the early train home
because of meetings.

Just got me thinking, the fatalities and injuries on the roads
during the blackout must have been numerous, though obviously the risk-
assessment was a rather different calculation then! And of course
there's the pea-soupers...

They at least painted obstacles white to help them show up.

--
Colin Rosenstiel