Old February 7th 07, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Later running tube plan suspended

kytelly wrote:

Wasnt the time difference changed from one hour to half? So we're
talking about one day a week staff finishing half an hour later and
starting later the next day. For which they would be given three days
extra holiday?

How is that not a good deal for them?

Because as I pointed out when Livingstone said later service "will" happen,
the staff have him over a barrel and they're using it to their maximum
advantage. These extra 3 days holiday will mean more staff have to be hired,
which will mean either the fares go up or the rates go up, neither of which
were declared during the consultation, making the public's approval
meaningless. What a balls-up.