Old February 10th 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default fare dodgers

Paul Weaver wrote:

Some I can't see how you can catch, even with checks on trains. I
accosted a middle-class fare dodger at my local station the other day,
they had followed through the barrier on my heels so I loudly informed
them that fare dodging was illegal and punishable by a £1000 fine. She
insisted that she had a valid ticket but it wasn't valid until after
09:30 (it was 0900), and it was no buisness of mine, to which I
responded if it's valid, it would open the barrier, and if you're fare
dodging you're increasing my fare and making my station seem less used
than it is, leading to possible closure.

Not to mention making you an unwitting accomplice if she does it right
on your heels as you said.
--
Michael Hoffman