Old February 11th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default fare dodgers

On Feb 10, 2:13 pm, "Paul Weaver" wrote:
Some I can't see how you can catch, even with checks on trains. I
accosted a middle-class fare dodger at my local station the other day,
they had followed through the barrier on my heels so I loudly informed
them that fare dodging was illegal and punishable by a £1000 fine. She
insisted that she had a valid ticket but it wasn't valid until after
09:30 (it was 0900), and it was no buisness of mine, to which I
responded if it's valid, it would open the barrier, and if you're fare
dodging you're increasing my fare and making my station seem less used
than it is, leading to possible closure.

Perhaps for your next trick you could take your public spirited stand
to the GLA offices and do the same to Ken LIvingstone and his cronies
who have raised the price of travelcards to absurd levels. I have
every sympathy with fare dodgers these days since the travelling
public in london is being completely and utterly shafted by sky high
fares and a 3rd world service run by a bunch of thick witted
management and bone idle, indifferent staff.

B2003