Old February 11th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] dmncf@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

On 9 Feb, 23:45, Paul Corfield wrote:
As at 27/1/07 there were 7037 buses required to run the scheduled TfL
services on Mondays to Fridays when the schools are open. Note that this
figure does NOT include any spare buses that the operating companies own
to cover for repairs, damage, training or just to provide flexibility
for swapping buses over during the day. Typically there is a 13-15%
margin for spare buses so the 8,000 value is about spot on.

Thanks, Dave & Paul C. The 13-15% to get from Peak Vehicle Requirement
to actual number of buses is very useful, because it's the bus garages
I'm interested in, and I wanted to find out how many buses they are
housing. Thanks very much for your efforts.

No thanks to Paul G for his rudeness. I'm surprised his Googling
skills did not reveal to him that I've previously recommended
www.londonbusroutes.net/details myself, in a post called "Bus route
statistics" on 17th January 2005. Hey, Paul G, why don't you Google
this:
define: "humble pie"

Dominic