Old February 12th 07, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Paddington platforms

John Salmon wrote:

That's not quite right. The Underground used the *outer* two
platforms (13 & 16) but now use the northernmost island (15 & 16).

Whoops! That was mistake, not Richard's, John. The dangers of posting when
tired - I should have re-read the posting first (in all honesty I did spot
the mistake when someone posted a reply - but I thought that I'd got away
with it). ;-)

Evidence of the old arrangement is, of course, still quite clear at
Paddington. By standing on the suburban island you can clearly still see the
formation from the buffer stops at platform 13 across what is now the
walkway into the mainline station.