Old February 12th 07, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Oyster Journey History - can anyone explain this?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On 12 Feb 2007 13:28:03 -0800, "sweek"
wrote:

This is my journey history for last Saturday. I was already expecting
this all to go wrong, and I think it did here... but can anyone tell
me exactly what happened?

Basically, I left from home and went to Bow Road where I met up with
friends, to then travel to Clapham Common together starting at Bow
Church. Because Bow Road - Bow Church is an official transfer I
suppose it saw that as a transfer and has put all the journeys
together into one long one, exceeding the 2 hour limit.
After that I went from Clapham Common to Oxford Circus for a quick
drink and then back to Hillingdon.

If anyone can explain to me what happened and tell me if it's possible
for me to claim money back, that'd be great. I have auto-top up set up
as well, which is why it added 20 pounds.

Here's a link to the journey history:
http://img.waffleimages.com/e8c5b57a...icture%201.png

I think the main issue here is that you went through two valid dlr - lul
out of station interchanges in short succession. Each time the card was
attempting to treat you as if you were still on your outward journey. As
you have correctly deduced you then got stymied at final exit at Clapham
Common because you exceeded the two hour limit hence the extra £4
charge.

This is really quite difficult in that you really made two separate
trips on your outward journey; Hillingdon - Bow and then Bow - Clapham
Common. However the fact you went through two OSIs in short succession
made it impossible for the system to determine that. I could foresee
"officialdom" arguing that you were attempting to use PAYG as some form
of rover ticket.

What is daily capping meant to be if it isn't "some sort of rover ticket"?

tim