Old February 12th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tuggers Tuggers is offline

Default fare dodgers

Perhaps the staff at Finsbury Park are the exception,cant comment on drivers
and pay however if the ballot is returned with a solid yes vote expect to
see several strike days.

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 12, 12:00 pm, "doctorcrippin"
wrote:
It is a shame that Boltar didn't end his comments at Mayor
Livingstone, he then decided to slag the staff that mostly agree that
fares are exorbibant. We are on our feet for between 5 and 8 hours a
day and have to take not only verbal but also now becoming more
frequent physical abuse. If he thinks our job is easy, why not spend a
shift at a central London station and experience the delightful
travelling public. Also if something goes wrong, be it fire, explosion
or any number of possibilities, he will rely on the training of the
staff to get him out. I hope he takes that on board the next time he
chooses to slag off the staff.

I was going to write a long reply , but I can't be bothered.

3 points:

- Station staff who know nothing about whats going on and vanish as
soon as theres a delay giving us sod all information even over the
tannoy (the Finsbury Park staff seem to be especially good at this).
- Drivers who make exorbitant demands for money.
- Signallers who don't seem to know where a train is going which ends
up sitting at a red light for ages.

B2003