Old February 12th 07, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Oyster Journey History - can anyone explain this?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:15:33 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

This is my journey history for last Saturday. I was already expecting
this all to go wrong, and I think it did here... but can anyone tell
me exactly what happened?

http://img.waffleimages.com/e8c5b57a...icture%201.png

I think the main issue here is that you went through two valid dlr - lul
out of station interchanges in short succession. Each time the card was
attempting to treat you as if you were still on your outward journey. As
you have correctly deduced you then got stymied at final exit at Clapham
Common because you exceeded the two hour limit hence the extra £4
charge.

ITYM £8.

Judging from the record I think your charges should really have been

£2 + £1.50 + £1 + £1 + £1.50 + £2 = £9 but then capped down to £6.20.
You were actually charged £11.50 which I think is accounted for by the
£4 max fare less the £1.50 journey not charged between Bow and Clapham.

He was actually charged £13.50. (£8 penalty + £5.50 in normal fares.)

(It's implied by the figures that he started the day with £7.90, but I
think you had it down as £5.90.)

I have to say the journey record is bloody confusing as it does not
differentiate between additions and deductions at the entries and exits.
I had to write this down to work out what was going on.

Indeed. The one given on the Tube touchscreen ticket machines is much
clearer - perhaps he could take a photo of that instead. ;-)