Old February 13th 07, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default Oyster Journey History - can anyone explain this?

I have to say the journey record is bloody confusing as it does not
differentiate between additions and deductions at the entries and exits.
I had to write this down to work out what was going on.

I tend to make most of my journeys using validators rather than gates. It
seems that some of them show the balance you had before you touched in and
others show the balance after the £4 deduction.

I have to agree about the journey record as it is terribly confusing and it
must surely be easy enough to improve the display using colour or something.
What is also annoying is that it is not always complete. The one occasion I
did have problems (mentioned on this newsgroup) it completely omitted a
couple of lines causing the balance to jump which the Helpdesk missed until
I pointed it out. It has done this on other occasions, most notably failing
to record any of my journeys on Boxing Day at all.